Set at the park’s Historic Homestead, the PHP Children’s Vegetable Garden is a place for children 7 to 14 years old to get their hands dirty as they learn every aspect of gardening, from planting to harvesting.
With the help of volunteers from the Bexar County Master Gardeners, children begin the morning each Tuesday with a hands-on activity in the garden, followed by a related lesson. Children have fun gardening while learning about team work, agricultural commodities, nutrition, and how to be good stewards of the land.
The PHP Children’s Vegetable Garden is a cooperative project of San Antonio Parks and Recreation, Phil Hardberger Park Conservancy, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and Bexar County Master Gardeners.
Registration begins Monday, July 10, 2017
- Parent-Guardian Orientation Tues., Aug. 15, 8:30 am – 9:30 am
- Volunteer Orientation Tues., Aug. 15, 9:30 am – 10:30 am
- Program Begins Tues., Aug. 22, 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- Classes meet every Tuesday from
August 22 – December 5
- Cost is $75 per plot with up to three children in a family sharing a plot
- Contact for more information
|Starts||Tuesday, Aug 22, 2017 8:30 am|
|Ends||Tuesday, Aug 22, 2017 11:30 am|
|Registration Start Date||Monday, Jul 10, 2017 9:00 am|
|Cut-off Date||Monday, Aug 7, 2017 11:00 pm|
|Location||Voelcker Homestead (PHP East)|