Mad experiments, robots, guinea pigs and more await you at this year’s Home School Day-Mad Science on Mars!
Wednesday, October 2nd
9:00am – 5:00pm
This fun-filled day is designed especially for home school and virtual school students and their families. We have many exciting events planned for students of all ages, including: Mad Science experiments, robotics workshops, and fun and informative speakers. You’ll be totally mad if you miss it, so join us for this excellent learning opportunity and field-trip.
- Keynote Speaker – NASA Astronaut Clay Anderson will share his out of this world experiences in space and sign autographs.
- Lights, Camera, Action! Alyssa Buecker, Director of Carrot Wars, will be giving a keynote presentation and will be showing her film. Find out from the young director what it’s like making movies with her Guinea Pigs for HBO® and Nickelodeon® and her experiences being home schooled.
- Mad Science of Houston brings us nutty professor style interactive experiments. Students will learn about science by seeing it work right before their eyes through insane demonstrations.
- Robotics! Robotics! Robotics! Discover the technology and engineering of robotics. You’ll learn how to design them, build them and put them to work on far away planets. Robotics workshops have been designed to cater specially to home school students.
- The Texas Connections Academy Virtual School will be Slime’n up the place with their gooey experiments. Stop by their informational table for some intensely gross and out-of-your-mind fun.